Self Saucing Meatballs In The Slow Cooker
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 slices bacon diced
- 1 kg / 2.2 lb ground/mince beef
- favourite herbs – I use rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram and sage
- 1 egg
- +/- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x 400g / 14 oz chopped tinned tomatoes
- Oil the inside of the slow cooker dish so the meatballs won’t stick.
- Place the quartered onions, whole garlic and bacon in the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the ground/mince meat, herbs and egg. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove the blade and roll a generous spoon of the mixture into meatballs, placing each one into the slow cooker dish.
- Pour over the meatballs, the tinned chopped tomatoes. You can use fresh tomatoes but the tinned tomatoes tend to work better and produce a thick sauce.
- I cook on LOW for 6-10 hours or HIGH for 4-6 hours. But be guided by your own experience with your own slow cooker instructions as they all vary.
Recipe type: Dinners
Cuisine: Low Carb; Grain free; Gluten free; Sugar free;
More info and instructions about this great tutorial you can find in the source url - above the photo. gwball.com is a collection of the best recipes, tips and tutorials. We don't claim ownership to any of these photos/videos. Credits goes to the original author of this great work. For more info please read About Us page. Don't miss out!